SPECIALS/EVENTS IN THE AEGEAN SEA
METEORA MTB DAY TOURS
METRES OF ELEVATION: 400 M
KILOMETRES: 20 KM
TRAIL PERCENTAGE: 20 %
CATEGORIES: CROSS-COUNTRY, SUITABLE for E-MTB
Meteora MTB day tours: Mountain biking in the unique region of Meteora will bring you closer to the natural wonders and cultural treasures of this UNESCO protected area. It is the best way to discover the spectacular landscape with its towering sandstone columns enthroned by the exceptional Greek-Orthodox monasteries.
Meteoraebike.com offers fantastic guided tours with certified MTB guides who will take you along the region's best single tracks to incredible vantage points. Believe us, it would be a bad day to forget your camera! Your guide will provide you with tips and instructions about mountain biking techniques along the way and will also have interesting stories to tell about the tradition, history and landmarks you see along the ride.
The tours are offered daily and start at 9 am from the meteoraebike.com base in the center of Kalambaka. Once on your bike, you will find yourself, within minutes, on a beautiful trail enjoying unique sceneries of the most amazing nature. Discover the monastery of Ypapanti constructed inside a large cavity of a rock; considered to be one of the hidden gems of Meteora. The statue of the local hero Efthimios Vlahavas stands nearby, a monument as a reminder to all of the Greek war of independence and the long history of the area.
You will ride in a small group with a maximum number of riders of 8. These MTB tours are for the average rider with at least a single experience in off road biking. The tour requires both physical and mental health. Your guide will adjust the route depending on your skills. With 3 different levels of difficulty, there are enough routes to suit all:
- Beginner level: A tour without technical challenges, mainly on forest paths and very easy connecting paths. On the way we will discover places of interest like the hidden monastery of Ypapanti and the statue of Efthimios Vlachavas with the route leading to breathtaking view points. The pace is very relaxed and the duration is about 2.5 hours (about 15 km). During this tour the guide can give the group free advice and instructions on how to improve their riding skills. Price per person: 48 euro
- Cross-Country Level: A tour with easy technical challenges for mountain bikers who are already familiar with the technique of biking. The route combines forest trails with simple trails. Like the beginner's route, this tour includes great sights and viewpoints however it also offers some hidden trails between the rocks of Meteora. The pace is relaxed and the duration is 2 to 3 hours (approx. 20 km). Price per person: 58 euro
- Enduro Level: A tour with high technical difficulty for experienced riders who want to ride and see everything. It mainly follows uphill trails of varying difficulty and approaches the highest point of Meteora. From here you can enjoy the view over all the Meteora monasteries. The tour then follows beautiful downhill trails running between sandstone cliffs. The duration is about 3 hours (about 20 km) and the pace is moderate, always depending on the possibilities and preferences of the group. Price per person: 82 euro
Whether you’re a first-time mountain biker or a skilled thrill-seeker, embarking on this biking adventure through the trails of Meteora, it’s more than certain that this tour will leave you with the most beautiful, everlasting memories! Biking in Meteora, amongst one of the most awe-inspiring geological phenomenon on the planet, truly is a once in a lifetime experience that you don’t want to miss.
- Ride on beautiful single trails and dirt roads
- Visit hidden treasures off the beaten tracks like the small Monastery of Ypapanti and the emblematic statue of Efthimios Vlahavas
- Enjoy great story-telling from an experienced and certified MTB leader
- Discover breathtaking views for priceless pictures
Included in the tour price
- Proper top quality mountain bike (disc brakes, front suspension, wide range of gears)
- MTB Helmet
- M.I.A.S. certified mountain bike leader
- Raincoat (if needed)
Not included: monastery tickets (3 euros each, cash only)
If you want to join a guided MTB tour in Meteora, please send an email to email@example.com or give a call to the team: +30 6942 597919.
This tour requires a minimum number of 2 passengers to operate. There is a possibility that the tour may be canceled after confirmation if there are not enough riders to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative activity or be refunded in full.
Do you want more? Than think about a tailor-made tour! We can plan an exclusive mountain bike ride just for you and your buddies with your desired level of difficulty (XC, ENDURO or DH style), preferred duration, and specific locations. From a short tour to a day full of riding or even a multi-day trip to different riding destinations. Send us your request and we will start planning your next dream riding adventure!
COST: 48 Euro